Here are some great tips when it comes to products and equipment to deliver a clean home time and time again.
The top five must-haves of professional home cleaners:
1. A 20-pack of microfibre towels Make sure you buy good-quality cloths, usually around $1 per cloth. Never wash with fabric softener or dry with dryer sheets. Try just warm water and the microfibre first before using a cleaning product.
2. A microfibre mop On a tight budget, it’s cheaper and less wasteful than disposable mops. A microfibre mop is also great for picking up dust in high and low corners.
3. A nylon-bristle broom It doesn’t splatter walls or lose its bristles. Try sweeping your rug. It can often work better than a cleaning with a vacuum.
4. A Shammy A synthetic version of the traditional chamois cloth, this rubbery, hyper-absorbent towel is great for soaking up water and quickly buffing counters and cleaning furniture. You can even run a dry Shammy over a couch or floor to pick up pet hair.
5. Vacuum extenders Look beyond the floor. It’s easy to quickly vacuum shelf surfaces, mantels, railings and inside drawers if you use lightweight hand extensions.